Our friends at Outside the Long Box alway say how we go to cons more than anyone they know. But you know what? They have been to Dragon Con, and we haven’t.
And unfortunately, we won’t be able to go again this year. This is a shame because this con places an enormous amount of importance on creators and especially authors. It truly is a reading nerds con.
If we were going, here is just a few of the people we would want to meet:
- Kevin Anderson: Star Wars author
- John Barrowman: Would love to get a Malcolm Merlyn signed picture
- Julie Benz: I really want to start a Dexter poster, and I already have her signature for Buffy.
- Alton Brown: The guy behind Good Eats!
- Charisma Carpenter: One of the few Buffy people I haven’t met yet.
- Amanda Conner: While we have some Harley books signed, we always have more.
- Brett Dalton: Would love to add him to our Agents of Shield collection
- Kelly Sue DeConnick: Again, plenty of comics to have her signed
- Matt Fraction: His Hawkeye may be my favorite comic not named Watchmen
- Karen Gillian: We just finished her run on Doctor Who…all the feels.
- Willa Holland: We still need her on our Arrow and Arrowverse posters
- Echo Kellum: Again, another Arrowverse person we would love to meet. Plus, I would seriously be tempted to get a Ben and Kate pic. Seriously.
- Mike Miller: DC’s Injustice is a great out of continuity comic. Mr. Miller’s artwork is a big reason for that.
- Jimmy Palmiotti: See Amanda Connor above
- Christopher Paolini: I’m pretty sure Mrs. Nola Nerd Couple would love having him sign her books.
- Matt Smith: See this blog
- Timothy Zahn: We did get the limited edition of Thrawn at Star Wars Celebration, but we didn’t get it signed.
I didn’t even mention these people who will also be there: Jason David Frank, Sean Gunn, Clare Kramer, Zachary Levi, James Mathis III, Peter Mayhew, Gates McFAdden, Dina Meyer, Danielle Panabaker, Rob Paulsen, Billie Piper, Katee Sackoff, John Wesley Shipp, Gail Simone, Rachel Skarsten, Kevin Sorbo, Jewel Staite, Karl Urban, and Ming-Na Wen.
And again, that still scratches the surface of Dragon Con. One day, one day.