It’s time to check in on the Louisiana Comic Con which will be held at the Cajundome on September 16 & 17. While we haven’t been to this con before, I think the Cajundome is a great venue for the show. It has a large floor and should have quite a few rooms for panels.
Here are some of the guests:
- Jason David Frank: The Green Power Ranger is always a hit at every con he attends.
- Shannon Purser: The Stranger Things star will be in attendance. We didn’t meet her at the Mississippi Comic Con, but we watched her interact with guests and watch their faces light up when she did.
- Jason Douglas: I’m pretty sure he will be a favorite guest with his work on Attack on Titan and The Walking Dead. For us Star Wars collectors, he did the voice of Orson Krennic in Star Wars: Go Rogue.
- Jordan Woods-Robinson: Mr. Woods-Robinson has appeared on The Walking Dead and Nashville.
- Jake the Snake Roberts: The wrestling great will be at Louisiana Comic Con.
- Cherami Leigh: Ms. Leigh has extensive credits in anime.
- Tiffany Vollmer: This New Orleans resident has many anime credits on her resume.
- Mike Zeck: This comic creator has done extensive work for Marvel, DC, and Image comics. As a penciler, for Marvel, he worked on Captain America and the 1984 Secret Wars series in which he designed the new (at the time) black and white costume for Spider-Man. He also illustrated the great Spider-Man storyline “Kraven’s Last Hunt.” For DC, he has worked on covers for Batman and worked with Mark Waid on The Kingdom, a sequel to Kingdom Come.
- John Beatty: This comic creator’s credits include Captain America, Secret Wars, and the Punisher.
- Rob Guillory: This Eisner Award nominee and Lafayette native has done pencil work on Howard the Duck, Thor, and The Walking Dead. He is most famous for his work on Chew, a series about a Food and Drug Administration agent. This New York Times Bestsellers List book won an Eisner for Best New Series in 2010 and best ongoing series in 2011.
- Kody Chamberlain: This Thibodaux native, is a penciler, inker, and colorist. He has worked on BOOM! Studios Tag, and wrote and drew Sweets: A New Orleans Crime Story.
- Brian Steward: Mr. Steward is an artist, writer, and photographer whose credits include pieces for Delirium, Fangoria, and Heavy Metal.