If you want a hot dog in New Orleans, you have two choices. First, is Lucky Dog. This is a sidewalk vendor that makes perfect dogs for those needed nourishment after making the most of the day and/or night in the Quarter. The other is Dat Dog which makes gourmet dogs of all different varieties.
This year for May the Fourth, Dat Dog is teaming up with Intergalactic Krewe of Chewbacchus (IKOC) for Shoeboxus. Shoeboxux is “the ultimate satirical ‘May the Fourth Be With You’ mini parade.” This parade will begin and end at Dat Dog’s Marigny location at 601 Frenchman Street.
There will be Food & Drink Specials from 6 pm to midnight including:
- $1 off certain special IKOCtails including Jedi and Sith-themed cocktails
- $1 from every Wookie Wiener (made up of andouille sausage, andouille sauce, sauerkraut, grilled onions, and chipotle mayo) will go to the STOMP Troopers. The STOMP Troopers is a program that aims to find ways for children with autism to take part in the Chewbacchus parade and other cultural events in New Orleans.
The parade will line up at 6 pm and roll at 7 pm. Everyone is invited.
The Audobon Aquarium of the Americas will also be celebrating May the Fourth Be With You. A list of events include:
- Star Wars Divers in the Great Maya Reef Tunnel from May 2-7.
- The 501st will be greeting customer from May4-7
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story will be shown at the Entergy Giant Screen Theater from May 4-7 at 5 pm. It is $6.95 for adults and $5.95 for children and senior over 65. If you are an Audubon Member, the price is 4.95.
May the Fourth Be With You.