We often search Kickstarter for interesting items such as games, films, and albums. We recently came across the Alternative Periodic Table. The graphic artist, Matt Baker, takes a pattern that is found in the atoms of the elements. He also avoids the jumps that occur in the regular periodic table. In the artists’ words “my alternative periodic table is designed to simply emphasize the way in which atoms are “built” (specifically, how electrons group together into shells and subshells).”
Here are the specs on the table:
- Size: 24 x 36″ (61 x 91 cm); comes rolled in a thick poly bag. Frame not included.
- Paper: 80 lb glossy cover stock (difficult to tear)
- Print-process: Eco-friendly UV inks; carbon neutral plant
- Delivery target: Early March
- Price: $25 Cdn / $19 US (Includes free shipping to US or Canada)
This is would be a great chart to have in an educational setting or in a budding scientist’s room. A great project would be having students explain the differences from this table and the traditional periodic table. Mr. Baker makes wall charts for a living and you can find more of them at usefulcharts.com.