Wizard World New Orleans:
- Carrie Fisher, who was scheduled to appear in New Orleans, had a massive heart attack on December 23. We wish her a full recovery and hope she takes the time needed to do so.
- For $10, you can view The Rocky Horror Picture Show with special host Barry Bostwick! This is sure to be a great even especially with Mr. Brad Majors himself being in attendance.
- The show has added Montel Williams, Kato Kaelin and the Masters of Illusion to his its lineup. Mr. Williams will not be signing or doing photo-ops but will be doing panels.
- The Republic New Orleans will be hosting a some after hour events and will be allowing free entry with Wizard World tickets on Saturday night. I personally think the Republic is one of the finer music venues in town so we I highly recommend it.
- The Wizard World panel schedule is out. Next week, we focus exclusively on Wizard World New Orleans. I will go into detail in multiple posts about the panels and other events.
- We do want to announce that we will be appearing on a panel on Saturday entitled, DON’T READ THAT! A HISTORY OF CENSORSHIP IN COMIC BOOKS. This will take place in Room 240 from 3:30-4:15 pm. We will be discussing comics with a co-worker and our friends from The Longbox that have been and are presently under threat from censorship and bans in libraries and schools. We hope to see you there. (Now to go do my homework!).
- Wade Acuff, who has worked on Lord of the Rings, and other TV and Film products will be presenting his artwork.
- Barry Gregory, a comic book writer and artist, will be at Pensacon. He is best known for his independent comic John Aman Amazing Man.
- Bob Camp, the co-creator of Ren And Stimpy, will be joining the artists in artist alley. Other credits for Mr. Camp include Ice Age II and Osmosis Jones.
- New Orleans native and comic book artist Roland Paris will be making an appearance at Pensacon. He has worked on Spider-Man and Marvel’s The Odyssey.
- Mike Grell is another comic book writer and artist that will have his work in display at Pensacon. If you are unfamiliar with Mr. Grell and his fantastic body of work, we recommend you listen to this interview our good friends at The Longbox did with the artist.
- Author Quincy J. Allen will have his books on display, and probably for sale.
- One of our favorite comic book writers, Tony Isabella will be at Pensacon. He created Black Lightning and Misty Knight! We joined our friends at The Longbox for their panel on Horrible Horrible Stereotypes at the last Pensacon and we just became in awe of him and how he looks at comics. We also highly recommend his Tony Isabella’s Bloggy Thing to keep up with his latest projects and readings.