Along with Wizard World New Orleans, Pensacon is one of our favorite cons. Occurring in February, Pensacon is a short three hour drive from New Orleans. Each year we have gone, it has been worth the trip.
First a look at the celebrity guests:
- Jason David Frank: The former Mighty Morphin’ Power Ranger is always a crowd favorite.
- Tara Reid: If you go take a look at her IMDB page, she has done quite a bit of work all over the map. She was in The Big Lebowski, Cruel Intentions, American Pie, and Scrubs. And of course, the Sharknado franchise.
- Ric Flair: Whoooo!
- Sam J. Jones: He saved the universe as Flash Gordon.
- Gates McFadden: Back in college had a huge crush on Dr. Beverly Crusher. I’ve met her before and she is sweet as can be.
- Jeremy Bulloch: Boba Fett himself. We have met him multiple times and his very accommodating to his fans.
- Nicholas Lea: I’ve been thinking about starting an X-Files poster for some time. I probably will start at Pensacon.
- Matt Ryan: While we didn’t watch Constantine, we did love Matt Ryan on arrow.
- Scott Wilson: Go look at his IMDB page. He has an impressive body of work. He had major roles in In the Heat of the Night and In Cold Blood. While most fans will be there to get his autograph on The Walking Dead pictures, I really want a picture of him for his work in Damien.
- John Wesley Shipp: Barry Allen and Jay Garrick all rolled into one!
- Rene Auberjonois: What do you get signed by this man? A picture from MASH? Benson? Star Trek: Deep Space Nine?
- Terry Farewell: Man, I really need to back and watch all of Deep Space Nine!
- Ted Raimi: Ms. Nola Nerd Couple was beyond excited when Pensacon announced he would be there!
- Virginia Madsen: She is part of the Candyman cast that will be at Pensacon, but I might ask her to sign a bottle of merlot.
- Gemma Whelan: Ms. Nola Nerd Couple will defitely have the actress that plays Yara Greyjoy sign her Game of Thrones poster.
- Mitch Pileggi: Mulder and Scully’s boss on X-Files. A neo-nazi on Sons of Anarchy. Which one do I get him to sign for?
- William B. Davis: If I do get that X-Files, the Smoking Man needs to be on it.
- Ellie Kendrick: Another guest to be on our Game of Thrones poster, she plays Meera Reed.
- David Bradley: Argus Filch. Walder Frey. I’m expecting long lines for Mr. Bradley.
- Mick Foley: We don’t normally meet wrestlers but I might have to with Ric Flair and Mick Foley in attendance.
- James Marsters: Mr. Marsters played my favorite character on Buffy, Spike. We have met him before and he is always entertaining. If he does a panel, attend.
- Walter Koenig: Mr. Chekov on the original Star Trek. I’ve met him twice before and barely utter a word. That’s how I get around original cast memebers.
- Tim Rose: The actor inside Admiral Ackbar’s suit. He will definately take time out to talk to you if you make small talk. We met him at Celebration a couple of years ago and he was a blast.
- Sylvester McCoy: The seventh doctor and Radagast from the Hobbit. We have his signature for both and if you are fan of both series, we highly recommend you go out and meet him.
- Mike Zapcic and Ming Chen: Two of AMC’s Comic Book men will be there.
- Sven-Ole Thorsen: I’m not sure if we have his autograph on our Mallrats poster. If not, you will see us in his line.
- Matt Gerald: Mr. Gerald plays one of the more interesting characters on Daredevil, Melvin Potter. We have two of the writers signature on a Daredevil poster, we might add to it.
Ok…I’m estimating the cost of every signature we want to be….$1237. We might have to pare that down a bit. Luckily, Pensacon always gets great guests and plenty of these guest are repeaters. And I can’t blame them. It’s a great con in a great city.
Plus they always have great artists. This year is no exception with guests such as Neal Adams, Dave Dorman, Kelly Yates, Pat Broderick, and Jose Delbo. Pensacon always has interesting panels and events, which we will talk about when we get closer to the con.
Pensacon will be held February 17-19. If any more news about Pensacon comes about, we post about it. We plan on doing a Comic-Con watch blog every Monday so keep checking back!.