Since we are both AP teachers, we have been a little preoccupied with getting our kids ready for the last couple of weeks. So a couple of quick thoughts before we pick up our regularly scheduled blogging/podcasting.
- I’m not impressed with episodes 2 and 3 of Game of Thrones. Pacing seems off. In fact this Game of Thrones skit nails it better than I can:
- Captain America: Civil War was another triumph for the Russo Brothers.
- Recently read Marvel’s 1872. Makes me want to read Marvel’s Red Wolf, when it comes to Marvel Unlimited. Review coming soon.
- Looking forward to start collecting some DC titles with Rebirth and giving my impressions of them.
- Also, I have completed a few comic collections recently. Now, I need to do some reading and reviewing.
- Cristina recently read Watchmen for the first time. I’m rereading it. Hopefully we can do a podcast soon.
- Sturgill Simpson’s A Sailor’s Guide to Earth has been on repeat. Do yourself a favor and give it a listen.
- Speaking of music, The Cure opens its North American tour in New Orleans tonight. Reviews will be coming soon. The Cure, like The Replacements, are one of my all time favorite bands.
See, we haven’t given up on being nerds, we just don’t have any time to share our experiences. However, to get your nerd fix, check out our nerd links. The OZD podcast is done by a writer who I went to high school with. He focuses on sci-fi, horror, and fantasy but he also provides a writing tip every week. It has great production and he knows his stuff. The Longbox guys (this link takes you to their website, the one under nerd links takes you to their podcasts) are comic historians whose podcast serves as my weekly course of comic history. Each week they focus on a theme, a new comic, and older comic, and a social issue that is discussed in comic books. I don’t usually stick with podcasts very long and I’m quite often unfaithful, but this is one podcast that I make time to listen to every week. The Longbox guys also do plenty of panels at conventions and they will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (as will we) so go to their panel!
As for us, keep coming back. Summer is soon upon us which means this website becomes our full-time job for two months!